Enjoy Life Foods has packed up a yellow school bus and is on the road with a sampling tour to introduce families to its allergy-friendly foods that work well for school lunches and snacks.
The 28-week national tour will make stops in 32 markets where it will set up shop at food allergy expos, retailers and other locales. Along the way, it plans to share more than 600,000 individually wrapped snacks and coupons, including new Plentils, Baking Chocolate Snack Packs and Mini Cookies.
The journey began at the Natural Products Expo West in Los Angeles and will stop in Dallas, Chicago, Orlando and New York City. A microsite is launching so fans can track the tour in real time and the brand is plugging the #SnackFreely hashtag for people to use to post photos of bus sightings. Read the article …
This is the time of the year when product sampling picks up speed. Festivals, concerts, sporting events and other outdoor activities take place and make good locations for brands to connect with large crowds.
The ANA and PQ Media released the following 10 key trends for product sampling:
1. In-store product sampling represents almost 50% of all product sampling campaigns using a contracted agency
2. Less foot in-store foot traffic is causing a decline in fewer consumer engagements with product sampling
3. Almost one-third of pharmaceutical budgets are dedicated to providing healthcare professionals with samples
4. In the mid-200os, product sampling jumped when retailers began sharing POS data to generate ROI metrics
5. Non-store sampling has faster growth since sampling is not included in omni-channel campaigns with other media
6. For example, sampling used as one of many touchpoints at consumer events
7. And, out-of-home operators began using sampling directly under digital signage with a new ad campaign
8. Digital sampling, such as video games, is becoming more popular as smartphone & table penetration grows
9. Use of digital sampling provides better avenue for brands to receive opt-in-contact information for future campaigns
10. External factors impacting industry, such as increase in automobile sales driving satellite radio sampling market