Degree Deodorant Samples New Product with Dry Cleaner

Posted on by Patty Odell

A shocking statistic: Millennials have thrown away 300 million pieces of clothing because they became stained by deodorant.

Degree-Motion-SenseDegree hopes to put a stop to that and has partnered with app-based, on-demand dry cleaning service, DRYV, to sample its new products that claim to eliminate those tough-to-remove stains on clothing caused after applying many deodorants.

Last year, brand spending on product sampling was expected to rise 5%, reaching $34.12 billion. By 2020, those numbers are expected to rise at a 4.6% CAGR to $40.69 billion. About 8% of product sampling is outsourced to media companies. B2C companies account for 25% of the share of sampling, with B2B picking up the remaining 75%, according to a report from PQ Media and the ANA.

Degree and DRYV are tweeting and promoting a product sampling box that includes Degree’s UltraClear Black + White Dry Spray deodorants and a lint remover. Consumers enter their mailing address to receive the box. Read the article … 

Related articles:

Stepping up to the Plate, Pepsi and Aquafina Activate MLB Sponsorships

It’s Gonna Be a “Damn Good Time” Mountain Dew Says

A Lesson in Product Sampling Best Practices


Related Posts

Chief Marketer Videos

by Chief Marketer Staff

“Trapped in Advertising” sounds like a hashtag you might use after a bad day at work, but for Pringles and Adult Swim, it was a year-long, pop culture-forward campaign aimed at ad-averse 18- to 35-year-old “Rick and Morty” fans. The goal was to sustain engagement and become part of the cultural conversation in order to…


PRO Awards


Click here to view the 2021 winners.
Information on 2022 coming soon!

CHIEF MARKETER 200 Winners Announced

CM 200

Click here to to view the full list of the 2022 winners!