Myths are “dragons” that storm the kingdom of lead generation, puffing smoke, creating confusion and stealing success from otherwise good strategies.
– It’s all about the cost per lead
– Marketing and sales have full responsibility of results
– All online leads are created equal
– Landing pages are the best way to produce leads
– Drip campaigns are necessary
Today we’ll continue our counterattack against more of these common dragons — myths about lead generation.
Myth: Lead scoring can be determined by looking at the lead source
In recent years, sales teams have fallen into the trap of thinking that they can score leads based on where those leads come from. If they don’t like the source of a batch of leads, they can adjust their scoring system and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, according to Jeffrey Cody, senior marketing manager at