HOME > Social Marketing > Networks > FACEBOOK NEWS FEED GETS AN UPDATE, GIVES NEW LIFE TO OLDER STORIES
 

Facebook News Feed Gets an Update, Gives New Life to Older Stories

By Aug 08, 2013

(Facebook for Business)

Facebook News FeedFacebook recently updated its News Feed algorithm to give older, unseen stories that get enough engagement a second shot at visibility. According to the social network, before the update users read 57% of stories in their News Feeds because they didn’t scroll down far enough to see the remaining 43%. After the algorithm update, users read an average of 70% of stories in their News Feeds.